Monday, March 26, 2012

Bouse, AZ

   I've just been reminded by friends Wade and Resa Chisham, back in Colorado Springs, that it's been a while since I last posted.  So here's an update.
   After leaving Quartzsite, we (2 friends, one with a 5W, the other with an Airstream travel trailer) drove about 26 miles, over a ridge, to Bouse (like 'Mouse'), AZ, where we again boondocked out in the desert for about 6 weeks.  Below are a few pictures:

   Dusk in the Desert:


    The Easter-Bunny Cactus:


The brilliant blossom of the Beavertail cactus:

   "Punkin' Head Hill":

   Dawn on the Desert:

    Sunset with white cloud:

   While outside Bouse, I found a few exciting ATV trails to ride, with swoops and arroyos to dash down and ridges and crests to surmount.  Great fun!  
   And the little town, really a village, had all-you-can-eat fish & chips dinners ($7.00) on Fridays, very well orchastrated pancake breakfasts ($4.00) on Mondays,  Bingo on another night, feeds at the VFW on yet another night.  And a wonderfully friendly and efficient one-person post office.  I'll definitely be returning next year!
   A small group of boondockers, 5 rigs, left Bouse on March 21st, to relocated just outside the south entrance to Joshua Tree National Forest, one mile north of I-10 exit 168 (California).  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment