Saturday, August 24, 2013

Leadville in Late August, 2013

   I'm in Leadville, again, and enjoying it immensely, again.
   But first, some catching up is in order.  I have long enjoyed bicycling, but starting this past December, I was having some rather intense pain from a pinched nerve in the back of my neck.  Physical therapy this summer helped a bit, but the ultimate solution was to get a different bike, a recumbent (aka 'bent) bike.  While the neck pain is gone, and I have a much expansive view from sitting upright, the ride is much rougher (no shocks), and with each bump, the bike seems to be trying to unseat me, much like a bucking bronco.
   But - at least, I'm getting some good exercise once again.  So stop the complaining, already!

   Here at Leadville, I visited with my boondocking friends Darryl and Judy, who are managing umpteen different National Forest campgrounds, and Lee and Susie, who also were here visiting for too few days.  I'm camped once more on the edge of the Tennessee  Creek, just off the informal road of the same name, which alternates between being sandy and being very rocky.  Makes for rough riding on the bronco.

   I got up this morning with the express intent of capturing some pictures of the brilliant blue gentians I spied blooming while walking through the woods yesterday.


   And just for contrast, I also got a picture of a different flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment