Thursday, March 20, 2014

Indian Head Mountain, Borrego Springs, CA

    After spending much of 4 winters here at Borrego Springs, I finally 1) heard about Indianhead Mountain, and 2) think I actually viewed the feature that gives it that name.
    Yes, I'm once again back in B.S. and enjoying the 10 to 20 miles of biking each morning in the pleasantly cool temps, and the fragrance of the citrus orchards in blossom.  Day-time temps, however, do get excessive (for me) at times - up into the low 90's!!  Much more of the heat, and I'll have to relocate to cooler climes.  Leadville, Colorado however, will have to wait a while.
    I had earlier posted a picture that was taken in the afternoon, but was really unsatisfied with it, so got up early the next morning to take another picture of the mountain at sunrise to gain better definition and contrast.  Below is my picture of Indianhead Mountain, and you may be able to make out the reason they named it thus:




No comments:

Post a Comment