Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 11, 2015

     On April 8th, I received a call from Reno Police Department Officer Duke Steffens, the good man who responded to my RV while I was in Reno to take my report of the theft of my bike.  He said they've recovered it!  It’ll be checked in to the Evidence Department and held until I get there to claim it.
     I didn't ask about condition of the bike, but am sure it's in great condition, as the man I suspect who had it was trying to sell it for whatever he could get for it through Craigslist-Reno.  A couple days ago, I was going to check online through the Reno Newspaper Classified Ads, but my good friend Kenn Eichler of Colorado Springs, suggested checking Craigslist - and just as soon as I did, an ad for a bike just like mine popped up.
     I called the Police Department to let them know about this, and gave them contact info on the individual who had posted the ad, and today (the 8th), they have the bike!  And an adult has been arrested for grand theft.
     On Thursday the 9th of April, I called the Police Evidence Department to inquire about my bike, and yes, they have received it, but it was checked in as EVIDENCE, and as such, cannot be released until they receive information to that effect from the officer who checked it in.  So I've called and left voice messages for the Officers involved and am hoping they'll correct the situation on Monday.

     Once that’s cleared up and the bike can be returned to me, I'll start working my way back up towards Reno to reclaim it and to get back on my planned travels through northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming - on and on and on.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment