The next day, I drove and drove and drove, finally arriving at the beautiful Red Canyon Campground, located in the Dixie National Forest (Utah), about 9 miles west of Bryce National Park. And the scenery was gorgeous already!
Directly behind my rig was this view!
The next day, I got busy. I took the bike off the back of my trailer, jumped on, and rode 4 miles - only 4 miles, but all uphill - to the top of the grade. It only took me about 30 minutes, so I figured that was enough exercise at this altitude - 7777 feet. So I turned about and coasted all the way back home.
The following day, I made it a point to visit Bryce - I wasn't terribly enthused going in, but the views blew me away.
Did You See The Ant?
Then yesterday I took a walk on some trails near the Red Canyon Visitors’ Center, located about 1/2 mile from my campground. I just wandered onto one of the trails, and was blessed with good sunlight and marvelous views - many more than are recorded here. I was especially interested in the tiny little flowers, blooming their hearts out in a barren rockscape.
One highlight in the area around the Visitors’ Center is a pair of hoodoos.
But when viewed from other locations, they take on an entirely different aspect.
A few more steps, and Holy Cow!
Later, I saw a spot where one tree appeared to be attempting to emulate the rock pinnacles.
At other points, there were wonderful glowing rocks.
Later, I went back to Bryce to view the sunset on the rocks - it was hazy and the view was rather humdrum.
Then in the morning I got up at 5:15 to rush off to join a bunch of other fools, gathered in the cold to view the sunrise. Again, it was hazy.
And the view of the rocks was pedestrian.

Oh well, it was wonderful yesterday.
It'll be wonderful once again.
Sometime,
And I'll be somewhere else.
.jpg)





















No comments:
Post a Comment